Back to soccer, library, cub scouts, football, homework… I could go on and on! Sometimes making dinner happen with all the craziness is hard.
That’s why the slow cooker can be your very best friend! Prepare dinner while you’re cleaning up your breakfast dishes. Then, when it comes time to fit in dinner between the comings and goings, it’s not impossible! Dinner stays warm in the crock pot so if family members need to eat dinner at different times, it works!
1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 tsp minced ginger
1 Tbsp tomato paste
Sliced green onion, for garnish, optional
1. Fry Beef, drain and add beef to slow cooker and break it up into small chunks with a spoon.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, red pepper, ginger and tomato paste. Stir into the slow cooker and really coat the beef.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for about 3-4 hours.
4. Stir again, breaking up chunks.
5. Serve beef and sauce over rice and garnish with green onion.
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything