- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Confectioners' sugar icing and sprinkles, optional
In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and cracker crumbs. Shape mixture into 16 eggs; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off.
Return eggs to baking sheets. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
If desired, decorate eggs with icing and sprinkles. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers in refrigerator.