- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- Whipped cream
Preheat oven to 350°. Spoon pie filling into a greased 12-in. cast-iron or ovenproof skillet. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until blended. Gently beat in eggs. Pour over pie filling. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; spoon over cream cheese layer.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. If needed, spoon cherries from pan over cake. Top with whipped cream.