- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 300°. Line bottom of a 10-in. springform pan or a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment; grease parchment. In a bowl, whisk together flour and next 5 ingredients. In a large bowl, beat oil, sugar and eggs until pale and slightly thick, about 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. Add dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in apples and walnuts (batter will be thick).
Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55- 60 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack.
For glaze, mix confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over cake.